We need a strong Buddhist voice for climate change!
We encourage your group to participate on Sunday 17 and Monday 18 October for 2 days of global climate action organised by the Australian Religious Response to Climate Change.
2 ways on 2 days to make your voice heard on climate change (do 1, do both – up to you!)
- On or before Sunday 17 October at your temple or a park nearby or via Zoom: hang a banner and hold a meditation session, ring a bell, have a sangha meeting to discuss climate change or take another action to show your concern for the planet.
- On Monday October 18 join a rally outside the Prime Minister’s office in Cronulla. Registrations required: https://greenfaith.controlshift.app/events/faiths-4-climate-justice-at-the-pm-s-doorstep-2. Please adhere to Covid restrictions
What to do:
- Decide what action you or your temple will arrange
- Register details of your action at https://greenfaith.controlshift.app/home
- Get a banner by the end of September (ARRCC has funds for groups unable to afford a banner)
- Attend social media training Visit ARRCC for details
- Take action!
- Take photos/video of your action with the banner and post to social media tag @ScottMorrisonMP, @buddhistconnection and hashtag #Faiths4Climate.
- Share your action with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can send the message to government that we support action to protect our sacred earth.