thu06feb(feb 6)7:00 PMthu09apr(apr 9)9:00 PM"Inspiring a revolution in your heart and mind" A transformative course based on the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying(february 6) 7:00 PM - (april 9) 9:00 PM Rigpa Sydney, Newtown, Inner west, 158 Australia Street, Newtown NSW 2042 Event Organized By: Rigpa Sydney Event Type :Courses/Teachings on Buddhism,Meditation Conducted / Instructed
The publication of 'The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying' by Sogyal Rinpoche opened a window into the living Buddhist tradition of Tibet, revealing to a reading public of millions
The publication of ‘The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying’ by Sogyal Rinpoche opened a window into the living Buddhist tradition of Tibet, revealing to a reading public of millions the practical wisdom it has to offer the modern world. Its wise and compassionate approach to death and dying led to the book being adopted by colleges, groups and institutions, both medical and religious.
Twenty-five years later, ‘The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying’ continues to offer a wealth of advice that people of any religion or of none can enrich their lives with. This short course takes participants on an experiential journey through the book, giving a taste of the major themes and their implications. It encourages you to reflect on them, to see what makes sense to you and what you would want to bring into your life. You also get to explore simple practices of meditation, compassion, and contemplation.
This nine week course covers, amongst other things:
- how an acceptance of impermanence can help us understand death and change our attitude towards life
- how meditation can bring us not only greater mindfulness of our actions but also a profound awareness of how things are that can transform our perception, increase our confidence and fully connect us to the world around us
- that mind is much more than just thoughts and emotions
- how understanding the interdependency of all things and the principle of karma (that every action has an effect) gives us a logical basis for ethical behaviour and personal responsibility
- why selflessness and compassionate behaviour benefits not only others but also ourselves
- how to support someone through the process of facing their own death
Each session consists of
- meditation practice
- video teachings
Event Type: Weekly course
Where: 158 Australia St, Newtown
When: Thursday nights (starting Thursday 6 February, 2020 for 9 weeks). There is an opportunity to continue this course for more than 9 weeks.
Cost: Full: $15 per session. Concession (seniors, students, under 30’s): $10 per session. Rigpa Subscribers (members): free. Friends of Rigpa: $10 per session.
Take advantage of our early bird discount and register for the full course before 31/01/2020.
All proceeds from our courses and workshops, go directly to running our centre. Rigpa’s policy is that financial difficulties should not be an obstacle to attending our courses. If this is an issue for you please contact us.
February 6 (Thursday) 7:00 PM - April 9 (Thursday) 9:00 PM
Rigpa Sydney, Newtown, Inner west
158 Australia Street, Newtown NSW 2042
Rigpa Sydneywww.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9211 5304 158 Australia Street, Newtown