This is a repeating event26/07/2023 6:30 PM
wed19jul6:30 PM8:30 PMInspiring a Revolution in Your Heart and Mind6:30 PM - 8:30 PM 158 Australia St, Newtown, Inner West, 158 Australia St, Newtown Event Organized By: Rigpa Australia Event Type :Courses/Teachings on Buddhism,Meditation Conducted / InstructedEvent Region:Inner West
We warmly invite you to our next module of Inspiring a Revolution. If everything dies and changes, then what is really true? Is there something behind the appearances, something boundless and infinitely
We warmly invite you to our next module of Inspiring a Revolution.
If everything dies and changes, then what is really true? Is there something behind the appearances, something boundless and infinitely spacious, something in which the dance of change and impermanence takes place? Is there something in fact we can depend on, that does survive what we call death?”
This course takes participants on an experiential journey through The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, giving you a taste of its major themes and their practical implications. Suitable for people of any religion or of none, the course encourages you to reflect on the Buddhist teachings, to see what makes sense to you and to experiment with applying these teachings in your daily life.
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying is widely regarded as one of the most complete and authoritative presentations of the Tibetan Buddhist teachings. A manual for life and death and a source of sacred inspiration from the heart of the Tibetan tradition, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying provides a lucid and inspiring introduction to the practice of meditation, to the nature of mind, to karma and rebirth, and to the trials and rewards of the spiritual path. The teachings, meditation and contemplations from this authentic tradition reveal how each of us can live a more meaningful, connected and fulfilling life.
You will learn:
- how to meditate
- how an acceptance of impermanence can help us understand death and change our attitude towards life
- how meditation can transform our perception, increase our confidence and fully connect us to the world around us
- that mind is much more than just thoughts and emotions
- how understanding the interdependency of all things and the principle of karma (that every action has an effect) gives us a logical basis for ethics and personal responsibility
Led by Western meditation instructors with many years of experience, each session consists of:
- Video teachings from Tibetan and Western Buddhist masters including Sogyal Rinpoche, Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche, Ringu Tulku Rinpoche, Mingyur Rinpoche, Pema Chödrön and Sharon Salzberg.
- Meditation practice
- Time for contemplation
- Group discussions and Q&A, offering each student the opportunity to explore the teachings and practices in an open supportive environment and to connect with a community of practitioners.
(Wednesday) 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
158 Australia St, Newtown, Inner West
158 Australia St, Newtown
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
26/07/2023 6:30 PM02/08/2023 6:30 PM09/08/2023 6:30 PM16/08/2023 6:30 PM