wed02feb7:00 PM9:00 PMInspiring a Revolution in Your Heart and Mind7:00 PM - 9:00 PM 158 Australia St, Newtown, Inner West, 158 Australia St, Newtown Event Organized By: Rigpa Sydney Event Type :Courses/Teachings on BuddhismEvent Region:Inner West,Online
The path we offer embodies the authentic traditions of Tibet, in a way that is directly relevant to people in the modern world. This course provides an introduction to meditation, and
The path we offer embodies the authentic traditions of Tibet, in a way that is directly relevant to people in the modern world.
This course provides an introduction to meditation, and practical ways we can each cultivate the compassion that is already within us. It is based on the Buddha’s teachings on how our mind works, with simple, profound practices that have been practiced for generations in India and Tibet. Incorporating these practices into our lives brings us calm and peace, and enables us to better deal with whatever challenges we may face. The teachings, meditation and contemplations from this authentic tradition reveal how each of us can live a more meaningful, connected and fulfilling life.
This course includes:
- Complete instruction on meditation
- Learning to let your mind realise its natural clarity
- Finding happiness through cultivating contentment
- Exploring how thoughts and emotions colour our experience
- Discovering how meditation can transform our perception, increase our confidence and fully connect us to the world around us
- Cultivating love for ourselves and others
- Developing genuine unbiased compassion
- The powerful logic of compassion
Led by Western meditation instructors with many years of experience, each session consists of:
- Meditation practice
- Time for contemplation
- Group discussions and Q&A, offering each student the opportunity to explore the teachings and practices in an open supportive environment and to connect with a community of practitioners.
- Video teachings from Tibetan and Western Buddhist masters including Sogyal Rinpoche, Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche, Ringu Tulku Rinpoche, Mingyur Rinpoche, Pema Chödrön and Sharon Salzberg.
Event type: Full year course with seven 5-week modules. You are welcome to join any or all of the modules.
Where: Online and in-person at 158 Australia St, Newtown
When: Wednesday nights, starting 2 February 2022
Time: 7.00 – 9.00pm
Cost for each 5-week module: Full: $75. Concession (seniors, students, under 30’s): $50. Rigpa subscribers (members): free.
(Wednesday) 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
158 Australia St, Newtown, Inner West
158 Australia St, Newtown
Rigpa Sydneywww.email@example.com or phone 02 9211 5304 158 Australia Street, Newtown