sat09oct2:00 PM5:00 PMHow to practice the Seven Branches of Devotional Practice in our daily life2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Online Event Organized By: Rigpa Sydney Event Type :Courses/Teachings on BuddhismEvent Region:Online
‘On the path of the sutras, we have to accumulate merit for many countless kalpas, but in the Secret Mantrayana this is achieved in as many instants... All the methods
‘On the path of the sutras, we have to accumulate merit for many countless kalpas, but in the Secret Mantrayana this is achieved in as many instants… All the methods for accumulating merit and wisdom are included in the seven branches.’ (A Guide to the Words of My Perfect Teacher).
The ‘Seven Branches of Devotional Practice’ is one of the key practices in the Longchen Nyingtik Ngöndro. They are:
1. Prostration, the antidote to pride
2. Offering, the antidote to avarice
3. Confession, the antidote to aggression
4. Rejoicing, the antidote to jealousy
5. Requesting to turn the wheel of Dharma, the antidote to ignorance
6. Requesting not to pass into parinirvana, the antidote to wrong views
7. Dedication of merit, the antidote to doubts
Khenpo will explain the practice and show how we can bring it into our everyday lives.
Venerable Khenpo Tsering Tashi is the founder of Yeshikhorlo Tibetan Buddhism Association in Australia, Taiwan and Malaysia. He will teach in Tibetan, with translation into English.
$30 ticket; $15 for Rigpa subscribers; non-Rigpa students most welcome
Registrations are required, please register here.
(Saturday) 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Rigpa Sydneywww.email@example.com or phone 02 9211 5304 158 Australia Street, Newtown